ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help, I've got an '83 non turbo z. It decided not to start the other morning. I've gone through all the normal tests. Fuel is getting to the injectors, coil is good, spark at plugs is ? ok,(it bit me pretty good). 2 thoughts, 1) is there any way on a z the timing chain could jump and throw the timing off enough to where the car won't start. 2) is there any other electrical connector that would defeat ignition i.e.bad oil sending unit or lead to it. My last choice is to pull the efi unit and take it to the dealer to see if he would check it out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
there is a wire (yellow) that runs from the key switch to the starter and if that is broken/grounded you car wont start!! to bypass it or check it pull off the bottom dash cover (under the steering wheel-phillips screwdriver) and expose the key switch. there is a wire connecter that hooks up to the back of the keyswitch, pull is off and stuff some small (22ga) wire in the opening with the yellow wire (when your looking forward i belivc its the top left) then run the wire to the starter and hook it up to the little solderless connection not the batt lead or ground and if it starts you wire is bad ,replace it, if not ????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.