ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,
the problem I'm having is specifically with the Auto climate control fan turning on. This is a car I recently picked up, but when I did the fan worked just fine, then all of the sudden it quit working. I know that the fan itself works, I wired it directly, however, it is not getting power to turn on. I checked the sensor that goes to the dash to see if there was any obstruction that may be affecting system operation, but it is clean. the one on the front bumper is...there. Fuses are good, as are the fusible links, passenger side for both. What am I missing? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys

Alex

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
In addition, when I move the levers on the control panel everything seems to be working. I can hear the valves moving, the relay click, and the compressor clutch engage, so it seems to be limited to the fan. I also jumped the wires on the water temp sensor/

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I can't be of much help at the moment. But when I got my black Z, I had to direct wire the fan to get it to work transiting Arizona. Seems like it would only go out if hot, LOL.

That said, there was also a switch inside the control unit of my white Z that had to be cleaned. I had to drill out the two rivots to get into the switch contacts and used small cotter pins to reattach it. It was accessed while on the car, though it was difficult. I cant remember much more.

This car suffers from dirty contacts. You have to get inside the switch and clean the contacts. Maybe you might be successful with spray cleaner.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't be of much help at the moment. But when I got my black Z, I had to direct wire the fan to get it to work transiting Arizona. Seems like it would only go out if hot, LOL.

That said, there was also a switch inside the control unit of my white Z that had to be cleaned. I had to drill out the two rivots to get into the switch contacts and used small cotter pins to reattach it. It was accessed while on the car, though it was difficult. I cant remember much more.

This car suffers from dirty contacts. You have to get inside the switch and clean the contacts. Maybe you might be successful with spray cleaner.
Thanks palladin. I have not yet found the culprit, checking/cleaning the contacts is next on the list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts