ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not getting any fluid to my windshield. I can hear the pump operating, but no fluid movement. Can the pump be bad, but the motor still function?

P.S. There are no leaks from any of the hoses either.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hang a Wreath on Your Door

Your windshield washer pump has gone to join its ancestors. The good news is a new one can be had from Victoria-British Limited for about $30 at http://www.victoriabritish.com.

Oh, and if you're thinking about getting one from a junk yard, save your money. Used electrical components usually have about the same value as used cattle feed.

·
Registered
787 Posts
chcheck to see if the squirters are clogged. If they are ok the take the hose going to the pump off at the "T" and blow into it you will here it bubble in the reservoir you might even here the pump spinning. If you let the reservoir run out of fluid there might be and air pocket in the pump. Last night i cleaned the squirters out and took apart the pump and the same thing happened to me when i tried to use them.

hope this helps you out

·
Registered
787 Posts
chcheck to see if the squirters are clogged. If they are ok the take the hose going to the pump off at the "T" and blow into it you will here it bubble in the reservoir you might even here the pump spinning. If you let the reservoir run out of fluid there might be and air pocket in the pump. Last night i cleaned the squirters out and took apart the pump and the same thing happened to me when i tried to use them.

hope this helps you out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.