ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is new - decided to start up the car after a month hiatus to exercise and I accidentally leaned on the horn and .... nothing.
Any suggestions what that could be? Seemed to work last time I started the car up.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Check the fuse for the horn. On my 1980, it's the 3rd from the bottom on the ride side. It's a 20A.

There is a horn relay in the engine bay, just near the battery box on the passenger side. It's just forward of the EFI relay. You can see what I'm referring to in the factory service manual, Electrical System, page EL 100. EL 34 shows the wiring diagram of the blades on the relay (12V, ground ,etc).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the fuse for the horn. On my 1980, it's the 3rd from the bottom on the ride side. It's a 20A.

There is a horn relay in the engine bay, just near the battery box on the passenger side. It's just forward of the EFI relay. You can see what I'm referring to in the factory service manual, Electrical System, page EL 100. EL 34 shows the wiring diagram of the blades on the relay (12V, ground ,etc).
I'll check today.
Why would either the fuse or relay go bad - I can count on my hand how my times I had to use the horn?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts