ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put new kyb struts, strut bearings, inner and outer tie rod ends, ball joints, and poly bushings in. Looks like the springs aren't factory and are lower. Running 225/50R16 96V. How big of wheel spacers can I use without rubbing. I don't want to alter the factory wheel flare.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody here uses spacers? I never have so I don't know how far a wheel drops when it hits a bump or whatnot...Don't want to crunch a fender.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are going to get wheel spacers, you will most likely need to roll the fender lip. You could put a level vertically against the car to see how much space you have between the top of the tire and the fender edge. It's not completely scientific, but will get you in the ballpark of what spacer you could get away with, before you have to start touching the bodywork to make things fit.

And suspension travel is far too dependent on your suspension set up to provide any real meaningful information here. But you could have several inches of total suspension travel, depending on the severity of the bump encountered.

·
Registered
584 Posts
What is the offset of the wheels. I had 7” centerlines with zero offset and they were fine. You gotta make sure you clear the spring perch as well as the fender lip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts