ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 82zxt i am now looking for an intercooler and a good set of high flow injectors and a fuel reg. any sugg. on what parts or other co./car makers that make these items that may or may not bolt right up ? any help would be great .

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I drive a z31 so I prolly shouldn't be in here but it is turbo...
some good ic's: MKIV SupraTT, Porsche 944 (951),mr2 supercharged, Starion/Conquest, and of course a new Spearco if you can afford it.
Injectors: depends on how high you plan to raise the boost
rising rate FPR: over-rated mod IMHO... SX , Holley, Kenne Bell, Paxton

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I just reread your post so I'll tell you straight up, I can't think of any worthwhile perf mods that "bolt right up".
To go along with my previous post I'd add a better fuel pump and engine management system to make good use of these mods you plan.
Also here are some ic cores to steer clear of: Saab, Volvo, anything from Ford/Mazda, ...oh **** just stick to the list of good ic's in my other post.

·
Registered
250 Posts
what is wrong with the volvo intercoolers? they are freaking huge, look almost like another radiator. i dont have on on my car just wondering and also looking for an intercooler.

·
Registered
274 Posts
An intercooler off of an Isuzu NPR is sid to be good.

Unless you are going to a different ECU, stick w/stock injectors and a rising rate FPR.

Bigger injectors need to have a different/reprogrammed ECU or you will run rich almost all the time.

Stock O2 sensing system can only adjust +_ 10% or so - don't know exact range.

The bigger injectors I have heard of are considerably bigger than 10% more flow.

There are several people here and at Hybrid Z that have used the rising rate FPR's to good effect - do a search.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
yes they are huge (a pretty good reason not to use) but they don't flow well and they aren't very efficient at cooling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.