ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this week i put headers and new injectors on my 82' 280 zx. hitherto i've had no problems with the engine on this car (it has 225,000 miles). upon completing the installation of the injectors etc. i found that the car would not start. i'm getting plenty of spark, but each cylinder is getting way too much fuel and is flooding out. i'm sure all vaccum/electrical connections are correct---i had a spare motor to serve as a model. one thing i noticed was that the fuel pump continued to pump with the key in the on position without the engine running. it used to cut off after 2-3 sec. until i fired up the engine. i switched the inlet/return fuel hoses thinking i had them hooked up wrong...when i reconnected them properly the pump cut off after 2-3 sec. the car then started and ran properly fast forward 2 days and the car wont run again...same problem. it appears that fuel is continuously pumping through the return line. i've replaced both the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump to no avail. at this point i am stuck...does anybody have an idea what may cause this? (note: for 2 days the car ran great with motorsport headers/2.5 exhaust they were definitely worth the investment)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.