ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 82 Turbo that I've had since new. Over the years I've kept it up, and driven it less and less. I replaced the motor and rebuilt the transmission. It's been sitting lately due to problem that no one can solve. The car will start and run just great, but when it reaches running temp, it dies, and will not restart until cold again. If it doesn't reach running temp it will not die. I have replaced the following in futile attempts to fix the problem:
Fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuel damper, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, EGR valve, throttle switch, computer (ECS), ignition coil, ignition coil transistor, air filter, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, water temp sensor, cylinder head temp sensor, O2 sensor.
Any ideas? I'm a fairly good Z mechanic (4 various models), but this has me and 3 pro mechanics stumped.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Could your alternator be shorting out when it gets hot....
This will sound crazy but i knew a guy who's Z died when hot, the hood was bumping the top post on the battery, shorting the thing out.
One more thing to check might be the resistor pack.
Give Jerry a call at AllZAutoparts in Ft.Worth, he has a Z wrecking yard and has been a great source of help to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.