Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals,
im getting a an 82 280ZX for a parts car and i was wondering about the rear diff... what's the ratio and, if it's not all rusted out, would it be worth putting on my N/a 79 280ZX? also.. will the dash, hatch, and dri side door install in my with no problems? Im getting the car for $125-- it's a 5 spd with a rusted out frame. The good part is that it has a good hatch, radiator, engine, tires, t tops and a near crack-free dash, all things that my ZX needs! >:) thanks for your help

-weylin

·
Registered
596 Posts
That's a **** of a deal for a parts car! As far as all the interior and body parts are concerned, they are a direct swap between your '79 and the newly acquired '82. As for the diff, I'm not an expert in this area, but if I recall correctly, the '79 had a R180 w/ (I think) 3.36 gear ratio. The '82 (if it's the same as the '83) has the R200 w/ 3.90. The latter will give you more low end speed at the cost of top end. If the '82 has the newer style hood, I would consider swapping that while I was at it.. Good luck!

~Scott'83ZX

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hood is like the earlier 'turbo' hoods... it's been eaten by rust, however, so it's a moot point :\ it is truely a (Christmas) gift from God! all the parts i need are intact and rust free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.