ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has replaced a 82 280zx seedomiter (what ever) cable. Mine doesnt work and I dont like the idea of paying 150 bucks just to tell me if im going 85mph. I have a 280zx book but it doesnt help to much. Thanks

Will

·
Registered
680 Posts
> I was wondering if anyone has replaced a 82
> 280zx seedomiter (what ever) cable. Mine
> doesnt work and I dont like the idea of
> paying 150 bucks just to tell me if im going
> 85mph. I have a 280zx book but it doesnt
> help to much. Thanks

> Will

I only know that it on the Trasmisson where it gose from there I dont know. When I talk to the mcanic that getting my etetic working I will ask him

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> I only know that it on the Trasmisson where
> it gose from there I dont know. When I talk
> to the mcanic that getting my etetic working
> I will ask him

I just replaced my 83 280zxt speedometer cable with one
from an 82zx it was $5.00 at a junkyard and was very easy
to replace. Look where your drive shaft connects to your tranny
and you should see the cable connection, follow it up through
the engine compartment, it should go along the firewall and
enter the firewall by your master cyl. Look under your dash up
around where it enters the firewall and you should see where
it connects, just un-screw the cable there and at the transmission
and pull it out, repeat to put it in. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have changed the spline gear and bothe cables on my 81 280. Allso before you do a thing i found out that 280's like to eat spedo cables. Go underneath the car and take out the spline that connects to the cable. Clean it reallly good and see if the plastic gears are any good. Then take an old rag or news paper and put it in the hole to keep water an stuff out. Drive around all day llike that. Dont worry you spline is in a sealed part of the tranny you will not lose all of your oil. Then pull out the rag. And i bet the rag has got a chunk of meatal in it. Thats kinda ok then replace the spline and cable. While the cable is lose hook up your drill to it and have a freind look at the dash when you spin it. If the spedo jumps its the spline if it doesnt its the cables. there are two of them if you have crusie controll and you probally have it. They run about 90.00 each form the factory. And require pulling the dash to fix it. Dash puling is a pain. Write me back if you have any more Q's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.