ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright. this is a very odd problem i am having and have never read any other posts that are like this one. I have a 1982 280zx non turbo with 82000 miles on it. Everything engine and drivetrane wize is stock.

Problem is

When i race or just drive fast the engine likes it and will run fine. Once i turn it off and let it sit for a few minuets or even seconds and try to start it again it either wont start or start and shut off. When it doesnt start it sounds like the starter is going out by just turning the engine with no start. Normaly it starts just fine. When it starts and shuts off it will just drop to 0 rpm and kill the engine. I have had to rev up the car past 3000 rpm to keep it ok when im just normaly driving.

This is about the best i can describe it. Any more queastions just email me. Thanks.

William Bowman

home.earthlink.net/~icnicon

300cc

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Kinda sounds like either the starter itself, or a fuel delivery problem. Check out your fuel pump, regulator, and dampener to see if they are working good. Also check the fuel pressure, it should run at around 36 psi

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.