ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
81 280ZXT I have had it for about a month I can't drive it on the road untel 3/4/99 I turn 16 then
the car starts up with one turn of the engine every time cold or hot 4 days ago after leaving it out in the rain=( I put it away and the next day started it it run good for about 40 secs until I tried to back it up then it just went smoke not black thats from the water I was thinking because if I gave it gas it would spit water out of the muffler we after driving well putting it around the drive way it start to run great again well yesterday it run great but then today it run like crap again it took about 10 mins of putting around to get it working again
then it back fired some and then the smoke went away and run great again why is it doing this?
the car sat for 2 years under a tree but one day of work got it pelling tires again now it did this only twice but thats still 2 times to many
any help would be thinkful

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: 81 zxt runs great but twice I started it and i

Black smoke indicates unburned fuel. White, puffy smoke indicates water. If it is white, puffy smoke, the head gasket could be going, especially if it sat under a tree for 2 years. White wisps, or blue smoke is an indicator for oil. This could be your turbo seals, etc. Check for water in your oil, or loss of coolant. If you see any of this, head gasket time.
Also, please spell decently. It helps us better understand your message when we read it.
Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.