ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think/hope my car wont start because of water in the intake after I turned the engine over I took the spark plugs out it smells like gas and is wet but if I take a match and light it nothing happens

I took the fuel filter off and let the fuel pump do its thing and pumped it into a cup the gas has no water in it so its not from the gas tank
my car has not been running for over a month
now and when I took my spark plug out and turned the engine over gas came out of the engine and hit the floor but when I looked at it I could see beads water beads? around it my question is how do I get the water out of my intake? is it easy? should I just take all the spark plugs out and
let the fuel pump run then turn it over should I keep doing that until its all out?

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
85 Posts
The first thing that you need to do is try and figure out where the pesty water came from. According, from what I can remember of my 81 turbo is that there is only 2 water lines going anywhere to that intake. It could only be one, but I think it is two. It is possibly that at one of these sensors it cold be allowing water into the intake. Question for you? You stated that the plugs would not burn. Was it just one or was it all of the plugs? If it was just one it could be a cracked head or a bad head gasket. You said it sat for a month, was it cold enough to freeze? This could point to something other than the intake. If you just want to try and get it to start, just pull the plugs and turn it over til most of it flys out. Let it sit for a while with the plugs out so the excess fuel will evaporate and not foul the plugs. Put some new ones in and cross your fingers it is not something worse. If it does start run it for a while. You will eventually, probably a day or so, change the oil. Water has a tendency to find its way into everyplace it is not wanted. Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not on the road yet and I could not get any gas for it so the tank went down below 0 on the 1/4 fuel gage and we have really wet air here
so Im guessing it start in the tank because it never did this before it would run really bad until i ran it hard and it would blow out the engine well it ran really bad and I just turned it off and took the fuel filter off and pumped the gas out then put about 1/2 tank of gas in tried to start it and nothing it turned over it just would not start

every spark plug does not burn and it was under 30% here for awhile today it was 70% oh so nice out side

if its not this its the brain or crank angle sensor I hope to god that its not the crank angle sensor

I tested the PSI when I got the car every pisten was I think 120 PSI I could only test it cold so Im not sure what it is hot

Thanks

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jeff,
The good thing is that they all had the same psi in each cylinder. That is a plus in your favor.
Did you check the water lines that do run to the intake. I just checked my 81turbo and there are two lines. One runs from the water neck to the throttle and chamber then it goes through that somehow then to the air regulator then through that then to the heating system on the opposite side of the engine. It is possible that during any cold weather that it cold crack and stream water into the intake. I am guessing the air regulator 1st since it is a crappy cast piece. See if you can take it off and turn it over and watch that item for water. Finally check the throttle chamber by removing the air duct from the air flow meter to the intake. Just peek inside while turning it over. I highly doubt that it is the fuel tank unless you got some really bad gas. Good luck once again.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My problem started before it got cold it was 50 and up but I will check I looked at every thing that I could see and every thing seems alright
could you turn your car over then take out a spark plug and light it? I just want to know if yours does the same thing maybe its just not enough gas to burn a big flame I think its just my Crank angle sensor my timing must be off
so to get the fixed $$$$ oh boy
but it seems to fire alittle better then it did last week hmmm ohwell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.