ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has the EXACT same symptoms people describe (intermittent stalls, no tach movement, starts right back up after a random amount of time) when the ignition module is failing. But I don't have an ignition module, since it's a turbo. I already changed the CAS to the distributor mounted one (rebuilt distributor) and same problem. Checked ECU wires, underhood connectors, blah blah blah.
And please NO fuel related tips or questions, I know it isn't fuel related. After dealing with a year of this pain, it's soon to have a fuel related problem by me burning it while pushing it off a cliff.
I guess the question is what does the job of the ignition module in a turbo car? Did my ECU take a hike?
If you need more info, search the archives for my posts or just reply and ask away.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
161 Posts
Actually man, there is a power transistor on the side of your coil. Did you try swapping it for a junkyard one? Check the optics in the dizzy (if it's an LED dist.). If it's magnetic, it should be fine, unless you got a bad rebuilt one.

·
Registered
430 Posts
it just looks looks like you're trying to stir up trouble. if you want to stick around the forum and contribute, by all means stick around. sounds like you're getting z-withdrawl. i bet you'll be back in a z within 6 months...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well, I dunno if this helps, but I had a problem with my car similar to yours and chastryan (sp?) suggested the checking the throttle position sensor and after fixing that, my car doesn't buck anymore and pulls fine to redline.
John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.