Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I put in a 81 electronic distrib in my 71
new rotor , cap , wires
I can not get the tach to work now at all, the black and white wire is connected to the + of the blaster2 coil, and I am not using a balst resistor, so I have the green and white wire and a thin black wire left
it runs ok but not sure if it is any better than the points and sure not worth it if I cant have a tach
any ideas or help?

·
Registered
650 Posts
where did the green wire come from, i only have a white and black. the white is connected to the "-" on the coil and the black is connected to the resistor. tach works fine

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off I'm assuming you are using the distributor with the electronic module attached and with ONLY TWO connections on it marked "B" and "C". Also write down what you have now so you can get back to it if this doesn't work.You probably took the hot lead going into the ballast resistor and plugged it directly into the + side of the coil. I can't help you with colors (maybe different) but if you still know how it originally was set up maybe I can "step" you through it. BOTH wires that connected to the ballast resistor have to be jumped, connect them together and tape them off ( the 2 green/yellows). Transfer the wires from the original coil to the new coils' + and -- poles(black/white +, black --). Plug the wire from the original distributor (black) to the "C" terminal on the module on the new one. Then MAKE A NEW WIRE from the + side of the coil to the "B" connector on the dist. module.According to my wiring diagram for a ' 72 colors are as follows.. greens/whites (ballast resistor). black/white (+ side of coil). black ( -- side of coil to points distributor). Geez, just try taking this step by step..alot easier than it sounds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.