ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the voltage on the 81-83 ecu's, is it the same as the 84-85ecu? Why do I ask because if it is I should be able to hook up the 300zx ecu to the 280zx for better fuel managment. That means no more running lean at high boost. And Finally being able to see the full compastity of the t3/t4 turbo with out using a TEC-2 system. Yes I know this sounds ghetto but hey if it works I can live with a little ghetto. And yes to all you old timers if you haven't guessed it I'm 17 and I love my car and what more performance out of it, and I've already heard the leqtours of keeping it stock, stock sucks all around that car can be be betten by a 305, now thats sad.

tbs

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
TBS, I just wanted to check in and say we're not ignoring you on purpose. I, for one, have no idea what you're talking about — this time or in your previous post. I know nothing about post-83 Z cars, but it seems to me the only part common to the 280s and 300s is the "ZX" in the name. Hopefully some of the turbo guys can help you out.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You need to....

Talk with SleeperZ. He's running an 300ZXT ECCS. If not then the ECU from a 300ZX.
I beleive he has posted regarding topics similar to this. You might be able to do a search or call out for him :)

Donna

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am running an 86 300zxt AFM and ECU in my 83 280zxt, but there are still bugs to iron out. The engine runs very smooth at cruise, but still runs lean during warm up and boost. I know my fuel pump is dying and a new one is on the way, but I'm not sure this is the only problem. I plan to switch to a 3-wire O2 sensor to keep the ECU happy during warm up, but I also need to figure out if the 280zx knock sensor is the same on used in the 300zx or if it is compatable. To answer your question, the ECU uses 12V just like the 280zx unit. You should get a 300zx wiring diagram before you attempt this conversion. For some reason, Haynes manuals don't have it. You will need to find a Chiltons or a factory Nissan manual.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can I have a pic of the injector wiring harness with you mod, I would like to figure out which clip to hook to which injector. Also wouldn't you have to change the fuel requlator as well to support the 300zx injectors and do you have a wiring diagram that I could use?

tbs

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The injector wiring is the same between the 300ZXT and the 280ZXT, and the injector flows are the same too, so you can use the 280ZXT injectors, pressure regulator and the stock pump. If you want a better pump, email me, I can get you a fuel pump that will bolt in the stock location and give 50% more fuel than the factory turbo pump at 50psi (bench tested).

Get the Chiltons manual that covers all the Zs from '70 to '89. It has all the wiring diagrams and vacuum diagrams you will ever need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.