ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Got a question, I'm putting a 81 280zx and tranny into my little 72 240z.

1. I'm I correct that the motor and tranny is a direct drop in meaning if I put it into my 240 the motor mounts and tranny mounts are unchanged?

2. Whats the little red round thing on the side of the L28 with 2 wires comming out of it? Where do I connect it too?

3. Can I use my 240 drive shaft or do I need a longer or shorter one?

My engine combo is 81 L28 F54 flattops and tranny stock specs, E88 shaved larger valves stock cam for now, MSA header, K&N filters, 2.5 exhuast to a free flow Flow Master muffler.

Thanks For All Your Help.

· Registered
62 Posts
hey, i just put in a f-54 block with an e-88 head into my 240, direct drop in. no problems with the engine tranny should be the same way(though i kept my stock 4sp). from what i've been told by many people the later trannys drop right in no problem(however, i could be wrong). but i know for sure the engine will drop right in(and have more power hehehe). the only thing is if you shaved your e-88 the compression might be excessive. with a stock e-88 and l28 flattops the compression is 10:1!!!! I already have to run 93 in my car. you might have problems with pinging. other than that, just be ready to have one heck of a fast car.

later,

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.