ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the battery cables, and I see the positive battery terminal has 3 wires going out of it. One is going to the starter, and the other two are going to the fusible link box. One goes to the two green EGI links for the EFI system, and the other goes to the other 4 fusible links. The battery cable I purchased has the main top terminal, but only has one wire coming out to connect to a fusible link wire. Gauge appears to be the same. What I want to know is can I splice those two wires together to connect both to the single wire coming off the new battery terminal? If I have to, I'll just put eyelets on the end of both wires, and attach directly to the bolt on the positive terminal. The overall installation would just look cleaner if I was able to combine the two wires into the single yellow butt connector in the wire below.

Here's the exact cable I purchased;

Here is a close up of the factory positive battery terminal (you can't see because of the cover, but those two fusible link wires are wired directly into the battery terminal);

·
Registered
89 Posts
Attach your 2 wires as close as possible to the battery terminal. Solder the wires and cover the joint with heat-shrink tubing. You should be OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts