ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have the engine ready to start, using the ignition switch well (no key - dash not in yet). Motor turns good, spark is good, took fuel pump off and checked it out, runs good. Fuel pump relay switch is good (or at least looks o.k.). Fuel filter is good but no gas. Are these fuel pumps self prime or should I fill the pump and line with gas first? When checking pump I drained all the gas out of it. Or how would you bleed the air out of the line?

Sure was ready to hear this old girl run.

Thanks,
cowboy

· Registered
596 Posts
The pump will prime itself in about 2 seconds, the fuel sysytem on your car is a return type system...no need to bleed, just slap some power to it and give it a whirl. Have fun Tim

· Registered
92 Posts
Hey Cow Boy,

You might need to check the timing. If it is not correct it won't start.

Also, disconnect the fuel line hose from the top of your fuel filter and put it into a glass. See if gas is running through strong or put a fuel gauge in line with the fuel line. Before you disconnect any of the fuel lines disconnected the negative cable to your battery to reduce the fuel pressure. Make sure you put a rag around the hose so gas won't shout in your eyes. Something might be blocking the flow to the injectors. I really think your problem could be timing, because when I rebuilt my engine, everything was tight! and was just waiting to fire that turbo engine... I took it to the shop and had them adjust the timing and it started, oopps.... FIRED UP...just finee.......

Good luck......

United Z Club,L.A./LB

Sy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.