ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY '79 280ZX WAS RUNNING FINE , BUT THE CLUTCH WAS GOING OUT, SO I CHANGED IT. I PUT IT ALL TOGETHER WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL I WENT TO CRANK IT. WHEN I FIRST STARTED IT, IT WAS RUNNING REAL BAD. IT WOULD BARELY IDLE, AND YOU COULD NOT GIVE IT ANY GAS OR IT WOULD GO DEAD. AFTER LOOKING OVER EVERYTHING I SAW THAT THE BLACK AIR INDUCTION HOSE GOING FROM THE AIR INDUCTION TO THE FUEL INJECTION INTAKE WAS OFF 1/2 OF THE WAY. THIS WAS FROM LOWERING THE ENGINE TO GET THE TRANSMISSION OUT. I RAN THE ENGINE FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES THEN CUT IT OFF. I THEN FOUND THE CONNECTOR OFF. NOW THAT I FIXED THAT, THE ENGINE STIL HAS A DEAD MISS IN IT. THE CLUTCH AND TRANNY IS WORKING FINE, BUT THE ENGINE HAS THAT MISS. THE ENGINE ALSO IS SMOKING SLIGHTLY WHEN I REV THE MOTOR UP. BEFORE ANY OF THE WORK, THE CAR RAN FINE AND DID NOT SMOKE AT ALL. MY QUESTION IS WHETHER ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS WHAT TO LOOK FOR TO FIX THE PROBLEM????????? I HAVE LOOKED FOR ANY MORE VACUUM HOSES OFF AND FOR ANY CRIMPED FUEL LINES, AND NONE WERE FOUND. AS I SAID, BEFORE THE CLUTCH REPLACEMENT, EVERYTHING WAS FINE WITH THE CAR. ALL THE HELP GIVEN IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> MY '79 280ZX WAS RUNNING FINE , BUT THE
> CLUTCH WAS GOING OUT, SO I CHANGED IT. I PUT
> IT ALL TOGETHER WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL I
> WENT TO CRANK IT. WHEN I FIRST STARTED IT,
> IT WAS RUNNING REAL BAD. IT WOULD BARELY
> IDLE, AND YOU COULD NOT GIVE IT ANY GAS OR
> IT WOULD GO DEAD. AFTER LOOKING OVER
> EVERYTHING I SAW THAT THE BLACK AIR
> INDUCTION HOSE GOING FROM THE AIR INDUCTION
> TO THE FUEL INJECTION INTAKE WAS OFF 1/2 OF
> THE WAY. THIS WAS FROM LOWERING THE ENGINE
> TO GET THE TRANSMISSION OUT. I RAN THE
> ENGINE FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES THEN CUT IT OFF.
> I THEN FOUND THE CONNECTOR OFF. NOW THAT I
> FIXED THAT, THE ENGINE STIL HAS A DEAD MISS
> IN IT. THE CLUTCH AND TRANNY IS WORKING
> FINE, BUT THE ENGINE HAS THAT MISS. THE
> ENGINE ALSO IS SMOKING SLIGHTLY WHEN I REV
> THE MOTOR UP. BEFORE ANY OF THE WORK, THE
> CAR RAN FINE AND DID NOT SMOKE AT ALL. MY
> QUESTION IS WHETHER ANYBODY HAS ANY
> SUGGESTIONS WHAT TO LOOK FOR TO FIX THE
> PROBLEM????????? I HAVE LOOKED FOR ANY MORE
> VACUUM HOSES OFF AND FOR ANY CRIMPED FUEL
> LINES, AND NONE WERE FOUND. AS I SAID,
> BEFORE THE CLUTCH REPLACEMENT, EVERYTHING
> WAS FINE WITH THE CAR. ALL THE HELP GIVEN IS
> GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I just changed my clutch, and after it would just loose power on me for no reason at random. It didn't do this before and it started to get worse. I finally found a broken platsic piece that one of the vacum lines attached to. It must have been partly broken while tilting the engine back, and finally broke all the way making the problem get worse. It is possible that it is just a hard to find leak. Check all connectors really good to. I haven't had the problem come back yet. Check where the hose go into the manifold on the bottom also. I found one of the metal vacum tubes underneath had nose hose going to it. I still don't know what goes there and have it plugged up for now. Long post eh., I could have just said check everything again. hehehe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.