ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like my Z friends opinion on this. I really like the idea of having the power of a V-8 in my 79' 280ZX but I'm still not sure if it is a good move. The 2.8 that is in it is sluggish from the line (138,000 mi), and the top end isn't all that great. I would really like to buy fresh 2.8 and drop it in, but if I can't get the performance and power out of it that I wan't, maybe a V-8 is the solution. This is my first Z so I'm unfamiliar with a fresh Z's engine performance. The car is driven nearly daily and is in great shape, but just lacks the power I would like to see. Anyone have any good suggestions or alternatives on this?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently became the owner of a '79 280zx with 134,000 miles on her. We seem to have the same performance issues. I am currently looking for info on the V-8 conversion. I have a rebuilt L-87 350 waiting. After a little tweaking it dynoed at 390 HP. Please let me know if you have found any good info about the conversion, ie problems, tips, pointers, nightmares, etc. I'll send you the info that I find

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.