ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neither myself nor the local Nissan dealer can get my '78 to run well. It was running great and then all of a sudden the car began to run too rich. I have replaced the air flow meter, cold start injector and injector plugs.The thermal switch seems to test okay. HELPPPPP

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> Neither myself nor the local Nissan dealer
> can get my '78 to run well. It was running
> great and then all of a sudden the car began
> to run too rich. I have replaced the air
> flow meter, cold start injector and injector
> plugs.The thermal switch seems to test okay.

It does it continually and they can't find the problem? Are there any Z specialty places in your area? Check all the plug connections and clean them. Check the throttle position sensor to make sure it isn't in full mode all the time, how's the air flow meter adjusted? Is it leaned out? They are adjustable. Does it run too rich when cold and warm? Fuel pressure regulator? Air control valve?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> Neither myself nor the local Nissan dealer
> can get my '78 to run well. It was running
> great and then all of a sudden the car began
> to run too rich. I have replaced the air
> flow meter, cold start injector and injector
> plugs.The thermal switch seems to test okay.

It does it continually and they can't find the problem? Are there any Z specialty places in your area?
Check all the plug connections and clean them. Check the throttle position sensor to make sure it isn't in full mode all the time, how's the air flow meter adjusted? Is it leaned out? They are adjustable. Does it run too rich when cold and warm? Fuel pressure regulator? Air control valve?

·
Registered
406 Posts
> It does it continually and they can't find
> the problem? Are there any Z specialty
> places in your area?
> Check all the plug connections and clean
> them. Check the throttle position sensor to
> make sure it isn't in full mode all the
> time, how's the air flow meter adjusted? Is
> it leaned out? They are adjustable. Does it
> run too rich when cold and warm? Fuel
> pressure regulator? Air control valve?

You say thermal switch checks out okay? Are you referring to the thermotime switch or the water temp sensor? If the water temp sensor is faulty or has a poor connection the ECU will think the engine is always cold and keep the engine running rich. I would check out the water temp sensor that connects to the EFI system. Not the one that runs your temp gauge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.