ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my bumper off along with the bumper horns for my paint job coming up next week and want something to wrap around with a snug appearance. Basically an older bumperette to hide where the 78 bumper attatches. I have seen a few custom jobs with the snug fitting type but don't know what to look for or ask for. Any suggestions?????

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Grandpa Joe,
I am running early 260z bumpers on a 280z, as they are the bumper shock mounted type also. They are small like the 240z, and weigh much less than the 280z ones.
Regards, Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: 78Z bumpers and Older Z bumper</b>

I did the same on the front of my 78 280Z except I drilled and drained the fluid from those shock absorbers. I then pushed them in all the way the welded them in place. Now my 260 bumper sits up close and tight to the body. For the back I just took the bumper off and had the whole back end smoothed over. No one would even notice except for Z owners. I think it looks awsome. As far as safety goes with my car as lowered as it is it didn't even line up with other bumpers let alone a large SUV so I figure it doesn't matter. But I'm not completely crazy so I am putting in a partial roll cage. For now I will rely on superb handling, awsome braking and 300+hp to keep me out of harms way.

ZR8ED.

·
Registered
79 Posts
RE: 78Z bumpers and Older Z bumper to [email protected] All ZE

Joe, I was searching through the archives and saw your response about running 260z bumpers. I have the bumpers but I can't make them work. How did you mount them? Thanks,

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.