ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't accelerate smoothly off the line because there is a little hitch when I press the accelerator. So I'm either at idle or instantly at 2,000 rpms. I've narrowed it down to the internals of the throttle body. Is that flap called a butterfly valve? It's very clean because I just put it all back together. I oiled the shaft but that didn't make a difference. What the heck is wrong?

Thanks

Steve G

BTW - I drove (slowly) around the block last night. Everything seems to be in good shape considering this is the first time the entire car has been together enough to drive since I bought it over a year ago! I mean, I have redone just about every mechanical component of the car, including sectioning and shortening the front struts, chopping the top (and front, and rear), throwing a body kit on it, new dash and gauges plus whatever other million things I have done to her. Looking at the pile of receipts I've accumulated you'd think I had bought a build-it-yourself space shuttle kit! And to think, all that's left is prep, paint and interior upholstery. I guess another $4,000 should cover it! OUCH!
But it's definitely all worth it and I'd do it again... in a couple of years!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question!

There is a little screw on the engine side of the thtottle body that looks like an idle-adjust screw. It was backed off all the way and I turned it in until it just touched the throttle lever. That fixed the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.