ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have original wheels and hubcaps (14x5.5) and I want to get a set of stock aluminum/chrome/whatever rims for a better look. What year rims can I get while remaining at 14 inch??? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
715 Posts
> I have original wheels and hubcaps (14x5.5)
> and I want to get a set of stock
> aluminum/chrome/whatever rims for a better
> look. What year rims can I get while
> remaining at 14 inch??? Any advice would be
> appreciated.

I have a set of the wheels that are on the Zcar of the month this month if you are interested, i would love to trade for something but if you dont have anything, money works too. Oh yeah and i think almost any z wheel will fit your car.

Good luck-evan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a pile of parts... What do you want to trade for? If G-Joe fails to snag them from you let me know. I have car parts and computer parts... in any case e-mail me with an idea of what you want and will see what I have in the parts shed. Oh and what is the size of the rims, are the 14X7 or what.

Thanks

John Cooney

·
Registered
715 Posts
Heres the story guys these wheels are 14 i am not sure of the width, they have tires on them now. I got the wheels on a parts car that i got screwed on (price wise) and when i junked it i kept the wheels and tires. They arent as shiny as the ones on the blue Z, just need a good buffing. There is no curb damage and the only thing missing is one center cap (easily found elswhere). The tires are probabally best replaced, but servicable. If G-joe would like to shoot me a price and if the Bean could tell me what you got for trade, ill make a decision. Performance parts are a + but i may need something i dont know you have, well you know what i mean.

Oh yeah, my Z looks just like that one but it is a tad more purple, i wanted to stand out in traffic.

To the owner of the blue Z- Great car definitly cool

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
> I have original wheels and hubcaps (14x5.5)
> and I want to get a set of stock
> aluminum/chrome/whatever rims for a better
> look. What year rims can I get while
> remaining at 14 inch??? Any advice would be
> appreciated.
I have a set of 14 aluminum rims with beautiful near new tires mounted--if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Joe -
Any stock 240Z, 260Z, 280Z or 280ZX rim will fit your '78. 300ZX rims wil NOT fit your car UNLESS you use spacers.
The widest I'd go for all four corners is 7 and a 225 width tire. The car came stock with 195/70-14's so if you change tire sizes you'll need to go to a 215/65-14 or possibly a 225/60-14 to keep your speedometer as accurate as possible. The 7 rims will allow that. Also make sure you have a '0' offset on the wheels - lug bolt mounting surface centered on the wheel. That will keep the tires and wheel from hitting your fender well or suspension.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just bought new 225/70 14's. Will have to price out wheels at junkyard/salvage to see what they are worth. What type of price are you looking for?

·
Registered
715 Posts
> Just bought new 225/70 14's. Will have to
> price out wheels at junkyard/salvage to see
> what they are worth. What type of price are
> you looking for?

find out what there worth, im not looking to make a fortune, and dont want to overprice them and definitly under 200 for the set, i can have the old tires taken off to reduce shipping costs.

Thanks-evan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
> OK first 100 plus shipping takes em, i have
> to get rid of them and am in need of
> christmas money

Approximately how much for shipping to Harrisburg, Pa area? I am interested..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.