ZCar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some troubles with starting and idle on my 78 280z. While troubleshooting, I pulled the vacuum tube off the fuel pressure regulator and it started spurting fuel out. Initially I thought "great! easy part to swap out", until I found out they're impossible to find for a 78. Looking around the FPR up to 77 is easy to find (autozone even has one), and for relatively cheap.

So two options have taken me to the forums:
  • Does anyone have a 78 FPR they're willing to part ways with?
  • If not, can I somehow retrofit the 77 FPR onto my 78?
The 77 FPR has an 3rd fuel line in/out (don't know which) compared to the 78 one. Would it be as simple as capping off one of those lines? Ideally I wouldn't have to modify/replace my fuel rail for $$$ and times sake (gotta enjoy the last of the summer days on my broke grad student budget right?).

·
Super Moderator
8 / 71 240Z, HLS30-40031, L24-052899, Sunshine Yellow
38 Posts
Here are both systems to compare. If you do plug one, do it well. it is high pressure.
White Font Line Rectangle Engineering

·
Registered
61 Posts
I replaced mine July 2020 and got for just under $100 from Rock Auto. I checked and not even listed now. I did see this site and know nothing about them at all: OS-64018 by BOSCH - for $170 but no pix or any details. My part # was Bosch 64018.
Good luck and let forum know if find.
Cruizin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts