ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man,mention a little quick fix with gunk and nobody wants to help you out!!!!Every one plz look at my post "Rev Limiter???",from 5/1 and get me an answer!!!Also ,my 78 has 169,000 miles,A little exterior rust,and crappy interior(Well,I need to get a new dash-it's cracked!!)Its an Automatic,Sky blue,and i have a number of nickel and dime problems.Somebody help,i cant find any book value on this car and it just bugs the @#?!! out of me!!!Thx!!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
You had an answer. You asked if there was a Nissan rev limiter causing your car to limit itself to 2000 rpm on takeoff. 280Slim answered with no and said you had a fuel or ignition problem. Unless you post more detailed info we can't help you anymore. Saying "My car runs bad, help!" doesn't work on the internet. As far as the value just check the local papers to see what the going rate for your year car is. From your description don't expect much. Now fix all those little problems and your value will increase considerably. People want to feel good about the car they aare buying. Get it to run smooth and look presentable. For example, don't tell a buyer you'll knock 100 bucks off because the car needs a tuneup. Just get the tuneup instead and keep the original asking price.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greg,plz tell me where and when you see a response to my rev limiter question,i just can't locate it...And if you or 280 slim know anything more about the issue,one of my little problems is that i have a problem with the ignition..right now it is on a push button starter,i put the key in on position andhit the button,vroooom!!!it starts up.Could that be the root of my problem..new ignition(probably a performance one to handle takeoff better)might help??Also,i'm converting to electric rad fan that has a 15.9 amp draw.any suggestions on wiring to power source??Thx!!!!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: 78 280Z</b>

In East Tn from 900 to 1800 is the asking price. It's not something you can estimate on cars this old, on a nationwide level, or without seeing it. They are all relatively unvaluable to anyone other than us. Pristine cars with no miles (25000 or less) are offered at high prices, but only a few people pay for them. So, sadly, the REALITY is that they have no dollar value to speak of, they are niche cars. The 240s are the only cars that cross over to other car enthusiasts. And BTW, my conv. '69 Pontiac Le Mans with a bent quarter and rusted door is worth about 3000 as is and with the body done and interior cleaned up should be valued at 6500 modestly, and rising yearly. I like my old 83 ZX for the daily driver type of vehicle, but don't get much respect as far as desirability. I get pissed when I drive that Poncho though, people try to talk my **** ear off when I stop. "What year is your GTO?" "Back when I was..." Man I was driving down I-75/40 one day with the top down in rush hour traffic and some guy is hanging out of his window at 70 mph "Hey, you want to sell that car"? **** no, and I'm really trying not to buy the back-end of the car in front of me. The sun can be a pain in rush-hour. Turned out it was the president of the GTO club. They follow me home sometimes. I keep it in the garage now (beside my conv. 70 bug, I'm such a car ****) so people won't see it and come ask me to sell it. I really like my ZXT, but you should try driving some of the pieces of Americana that are still affordibly around. You WILL like the attention the girls give you. Much like a motorcycle, chicks did verts and they want inside for a ride. Just be ready to wait for a few minutes outside where-ever you go because you are going to get chased down. I am a fan of the Z/ZX and alot of other cars I plan on trading into in the future.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: All I said was;wished Pontiac had a forum.

Sorry I posted out of bounds above, but I got a little defensive about the spike I got under Recommend IC tubing here from. Still need to know what you think I should use size wise.
P.S. I won't get mad just because you give me the opinion I am asking for. Don't get mad if I don't do what you recommend. hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.