ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, a few monthes ago i posted that i got a 78 280z and i was looking closer today and saw that it was zx, now whats the differnce, i also just got a 78 280z now r there any differnces, body wise between the two, oh yeah before i forget how easy or hard is it to remove an auto and put in a 5spd stick. thanks for any help
BW

·
Registered
680 Posts
> ok, a few monthes ago i posted that i got a
> 78 280z and i was looking closer today and
> saw that it was zx, now whats the differnce,
> i also just got a 78 280z now r there any
> differnces, body wise between the two, oh
> yeah before i forget how easy or hard is it
> to remove an auto and put in a 5spd stick.
> thanks for any help
> BW

O k this much I do know the z was a basic car fast. But the zx had the extras like air. maybe a better radio at that time. Not much diffents in any thing like the frame or body. that is the same.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I had an 83 ZXT and now have a 280z and the body IS different,the zx is wider and the body styling is diff. the suspention is diff. as well. the weight and motor are pretty much the same (exept in the case of ZXT).hope i got everything correct. Stan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know why nobody will give you a straight answer to this. I don't know why you don't know either? It's really simple to tell the difference.
OK, see that little blue car at the top left of your screen, click on it. If your car looks like that you have a Z. If your car looks longer, bigger and less classic, you have a ZX.

> ok, a few monthes ago i posted that i got a
> 78 280z and i was looking closer today and
> saw that it was zx, now whats the differnce,
> i also just got a 78 280z now r there any
> differnces, body wise between the two, oh
> yeah before i forget how easy or hard is it
> to remove an auto and put in a 5spd stick.
> thanks for any help
> BW

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
> I don't know why nobody will give you a
> straight answer to this. I don't know why
> you don't know either? It's really simple to
> tell the difference.
> OK, see that little blue car at the top left
> of your screen, click on it. If your car
> looks like that you have a Z. If your car
> looks longer, bigger and less classic, you
> have a ZX.
I'm really confused as to what you have. Actually Datsun never made a 1978 280 ZX. The first 280ZX was introduced with the 79 model and ran through 1983. This car has a totally different body and highly modified suspension from the 1978 280Z. The engine and drive train are basically the same until the turbo was added. If you are really serious about Zcars go to amazon.com and buy a copy of Datsun/Nissan Sports Car Buyer's Guide. by John Matras. That should answer all your questions about different models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.