ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new here and i have a queston. Where can i find horsepower ratings for my 1977 280Z? Im also looking for information on upgrades for it (headers, injectors ) any help would be great
Thanks peterblt

· Registered
529 Posts
The badge on the side of the engine compartment says 170hp. That's not a true number at the back wheels, probably 150 max. You can search the archive for anything. They are pretty vast and most questions have already been answered.

· Registered
7,392 Posts
Your answer.

The '77 was factory rated @170hp but that is gross hp(with no acceseries hooked up) not net like they use today. It has pretty much the same motor as thre '79and '80 280ZXs and they put out 135hp(net ratting). So, you car(if its stock) puts out 135hp @the fywheel.

For performance parts check out victoria british(cant remember thier website) or MSA(zcarparts.com) Also you might wanna check you local nissan dealership, I think you can still order some parts from them but they are kinda expensive.

Justin T
'80 280ZX
'77 280ZT(comming soon, hopefully)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Your answer.

would it be about right to expect to get 200+ hourse out of it. with a rebuild and after market products? ( exhaust system, air system, new injectors) any ideas would be great
thanks again peterblt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.