ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a bad hesitation when you push the gas peddle down. It kinda run rought until you push it in far enought. Then it runs pretty much normal but you can tell it has a little less power.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Most Likey a Simple Fuel System Glitch.

Go through the checks in your shop manual. If you don't have a shop manual and you're driving a car that's almost a quarter-century old, you'd better learn to love to pushing it, my friend.

Derek will be happy to provide you with a manual. All you gotta do is click on his banner above.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Look at the Bookstore link to the left

ya i have a haynes manual, and a chilton manual somewhere, but i was wondering is there a bette one.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Haynes & Chilton's Are the Best.

You can also get a shop manual for the year of your car from Nissan. A little pricey but I hear they are good. I am getting mine in a week. Haynes is good if you have a 240 or 260 because it mostly covers them and gives you five or six pages in the back for a 280z called supplemental which is extremely vague. Mine hasn't been very helpful. Could be vacuum problems or it could be fuel. The vacum parts sit right in there with the fuel lines. The big one, the bcdd sits right on the throttle body. There are like three othere solenoids that control acceleration. Haynes shows only one of those.
Dodie

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Possible cause</b>

I have the same problem. It is real bad until the car warms up but it never completely goes away. Among some other electrical repairs I am going to check the pressure regulator, I noticed some fluid at the vacuume line.

Craig76Z

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.