ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed headers on my 280z, but I have a question. What do people about the exhaust gas recirculator? I think that is what it is called. Anyway it is the emissions part that was connected to the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I installed headers on my 280z, but I have a
> question. What do people about the exhaust
> gas recirculator? I think that is what it is
> called. Anyway it is the emissions part that
> was connected to the exhaust manifold.
well you can block off the whole deal with a plate or get fancy and weld a threaded bung
on the collector and make up a stainless steel tube with flare
fittings to make the system operational again. maybe somebody makes a kit for this,
wouldn't know,I blocked mine off.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> well you can block off the whole deal with a
> plate or get fancy and weld a threaded bung
> on the collector and make up a stainless
> steel tube with flare
> fittings to make the system operational
> again. maybe somebody makes a kit for this,
> wouldn't know,I blocked mine off.

I HAD THE SAME QUESTION AND FINALLY DECIDED TO JUST BLOCK IT OFF WHICH I DID. I CUT THE TUBE AND REPLACED THE STAINLESS TUBE WITH A LENGTH OF FLARED COPPER TUBING. I PINCHED OFF THE END OF THE COPPER TUBE AND SOLDERED IT TO MAKE IT SEAL. THATS IT. HOPE THIS HELPS. WORKED GREAT FOR ME.
LARRY

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I'm a little late into the conversation but I went to Ace hardware and got a replacement brass cap and a plug. It fit perfectly. I took the tube down there with me and it turns out that the cap and plug weren't metric. Didn't need to solder anything.

Steve G

·
Registered
804 Posts
Steve, I had always wondered if there was a plug from an auto parts or hardware store that would fit that stupid thing. I have cut myself several times on the PO's poor job of soldering. Thanks, BTW how's the valve nightmare going?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.