Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few things for y'all
1. How necessary is backfire prevention thingy that sets between the EGR and TVV? If I need it, anyone know whrere can get one?
2. Anyone know where I can get a Thermal Vac Valve? Mine is not opperating properly.
3. Does this car really need all this emissions crap? Does it actually make the car run better or is it just making my wallet run lean? I have some seen cars without all of it there (pics only) and I didn't know what was going on.
4. Any body have a copy of a 77 FSM on CD that I could get a copy of? I'll pay for shipping and cd. This Haynes manual is okay, but there have been some errors in it and some things really aren't in depth as I would like.
5. Anyone know the sliding resistance on the water temp sensor?
The reason I have all these questions is that I got to park my car in the garage, haul all of my tools out of the shop, and take the z apart this winter. Its amazing what you can get when you beg your wife enough! :) Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I'm sure I'll be back with more q's soon

ant

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
You can get away with removing the EGR if you really want to. Just might not pass any emissions tests. TVV is closed below about 117 to 127 d F. and is also closed above about 198 to 208 d. It should be open between about 122 to 203 d F. The other item is the bypass pressure transducer. (BPT) It also helps control when the EGR valve is closed below about .65 to 1.47 inches of H2O and open above that. Also the EGR will not open at idle or full throttle. Soooooooo......EGR only operates when exhaust pressure is above about 1 inch of H2O, temp is between about 122 to 203 d F, and not at full throttle or idle.
CD is available through Courtesy Nissan. Resistance on temp sensor (for f/i) is about 20-30k @ -22, 3-4K @ 50, 2.25-2.75K @68, 750-950 @ 122, and 290-360 @ 176 d F.

·
Registered
75 Posts
that plastic valve between tvv and egr is a vaceum delay valve to slow flow of vacuem to prevent hesitation.if you are living somewhere with no smog tests then you cant ditch egr system.1975 49 state 280z didnt have egr.with a properly set up advance curve in distributor ,new injectors,no egr ,no cat convertor a 280 z can be made to run very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.