Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've been looking to purchase a car and i found one that needs a new engine, i might have found an engine or two to go in there, but i was wondering if anything other than the original year is "drop in and go" simple? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Jrad

·
Registered
600 Posts
All these engines fit and, as junkman said, so do 280ZX engines. Since you didn't tell us what year model your prospective car is, I should warn you that there are differences with the fuel set up. Fuel injection requires a return fuel line to the fuel tank and a different fuel pump than carbs. Engine electrical harnesses are different as well. I would recommend going with a turbo (as I have done). It will fit, and though it requires some mods, it is well worth it. All the information you need can be found through the archives. Use the "search" feature and happy boosting!
Retro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, i'll look for the turbo mod, then, i'll look to see if i can find a turbo engine for sale that i can afford, i was looking at a 76, so yeah, FI.
Thanks for the heads up about the bolt in through 83 bit, i never thought to dream so big, lol.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I just swaped a 81 motor (automatic) into my 76 4 speed. The exhaust manifold was different, so I used the 76, as well as the 76 intake. Don't even try to get the piolt bearing out of the old engine if it's a stick shift. Just buy a new one. Flywheel, clutch, ect all bolt up great. I used the 81 dizzy. check on atlantic Z for the dizzy swap. You have to change some wires around. Pretty much an easy swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.