ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I just found this forum and am I glad.
I recenlty bought a great stock 76 280z 2+2 and discovered the fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump was crimped because someone had just used a thin piece of hose which was also two long. It had been running great. I would start it once a week and let it run for about 20min. waiting til I could replace the line. Well 2 weeks ago I did that and after about 5 min it died. I thought it had run out of gas, I went ahead and replaced the fuel line and realized the problem wasn't low fuel. Well here's what it does - it starts immediatly and runs strong for about 15-20 sec. then it dies. I can repeat this for about 10 times and again it doesn't run rough at all however if I press the accelerator then it immediatly kills the engine. I've replaced the inline fuel regulator no change I don't have a way to measure in-line fuel pressure. I suspect maybe the fuel pump but don't know. Any ideas? How strong of a stream should the fuel pump produce if disconnected and just pumped into a bucket? I tried this and it didn't seem to be very strong. If this is the problem are there any after market models that can be used like Mallory? Thanks for your help

Jerry

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.