ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is really pissing me off... i have a '83 zxt engine in it but i'm running the stock '76n/a harness , and ecu... but if you crimp the fuel line it will crank and run for a couple of seconds , but when you open it back up it dies, oh and un plugging the AFM makes no diffrence , the car acts just like it does when the afm is unplugged, i plugged in the '83 zxt afm and it acts the same , i have the tps unplugged but i have been running it like that for a long while.. does any one have any ides???

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thermo Time Switch, this makes your cold start injector fire into the intake.

O2 Sensor, can make it run rich but i doubt by much

Water Temp Switch, will run rich for a cold start, if this switch is damaged then it might run rich all the time.

Check for vacuum leaks to be sure.

Check the FPR to be sure.

Mat.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
You're kidding, right? If not, you are unclear on the concept. To run a ZXT motor, you must have a COMPLETE ZXT wiring harness, including the ECCS 'black box' (or the aftermarket equivalent). The turbos use a completely different fuel management system than the NAs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uhh dude you aren't very smart are you? i ran the zxt engine management system for 6 months IT IS CRAP!!!!! any one who has done the swap will tell you the same.... belive it or not, i DO know what i'm doing the only diffrence between the ways the two function (in ideal condtions ) is the timing on the zxt is electronically controlled , so it can retaurd the timing when it pings... so to compesate i just back the timing down, and make it run richer...any way, i have cleaned the connections on the thermo time switch , and coolant temp switch , afm and ecu ... and no luck...

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I can assume you had this working right at some point? If so it's most likely something to do with the EFI temp sensor and or the wiring involved if you know the fuel pressure is right. I have seen a flaked out harness do this and seems it's a problem between the ECU and the AFM, I just replace the harness as we have a junkyard at our shop.

You're right the ZXT EFI is crap and what you have should work fine. You might consider getting a MSD BTM box for timing control, it will help off boost power a BUNCH as you won't have to run so much retard. Also, to use the turbo AFM, you have to swap the guts from a NA AFM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In Google type in L-Jetronic Bosch EFI and a world of pages, adjustments and step by step procedures will solve your problem in quick time.

74zdatsun wrote:

> yeah it was running good untill today
>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.