ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i was driveing home when my car start puffing out black smoke,and missing.then the car died.when i got the car home i pulled the plugs and they where soaked with gas.any help will help.

ps it not the fpr i checked it.thanks again

· Registered
14 Posts
Had the same problem my car is an 80", so things may be different. Check the air flo meter by pulling the tube off the air filter side, and with the engin running check with your finger if the flap inside mooves when you increase idle speed. If you cant get it to start, clean the plugs and pull the air pressure regulator hose off the air intake boot between the AFM and the throttle boddy. If that helps any you have an air flow problem. I have a Hayns manuel but I've heard that the factory service manuel is better. What worked for me was a bad connection to my detonator sensor, located on the left side of the engin next to the dip stick.
good luck

· Registered
323 Posts
The wire on your head temp sensor may of fallen off.

It is located on the right side of the engine block between cylinders 5 and 6. Or maybe the sensor went completely bad all of a sudden!?

· Registered
323 Posts
Umm... that sensor next to the dip stick is the head temp sensor. Is there another sensor over there too?

And left side of the engine usually means looking from the driver's seat toward the front of the car. So the dip stick is on the right side of the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.