ZCar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

I was wondering what a very clean stock 76 injected. I’m the second owner purchased it in 1978. Restored with all Nissan sheet metal parts in the early 80s. Has about 110,000 on it 5 speed if I remember (I kind of forgot) I’m getting old. Anyway has been garaged my entire married life except for on season in 1996. When I would take my 5 year old out for drives to the beach. Has been sitting covered thinking I may sell it. Like all zs it’s going to need the tank resealed looks mint on the outside but lots of rust from those recycled beer cans they manufactured it from lol. What do you think it’s worth lo and high please!
Thanks
Joemolf

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,890 Posts
Values are good in general, but it's worth whatever its condition suggests minus costs of refurbing it. Hagerty Insurance has a collector vehicle value calculator but keep in mind that an unrestored car is worth more like the low end of their estimates.

What does "lots of rust" mean? How much rust, where is it, and how advanced? Rust is the #1 problem with these and sheetmetal replacement is expensive

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info and reply. Actually the car itself has no rust. I essentially restored it in mid 80s with all Nissan skins rubber bumper (rear) suspension hardware blah blah the car is clean. My friend was is the parts manager at the local Nissan Dealer. The one thing I did not replace and of course it’s been kicking me in the ass since but at the time the tank showed no external rust. Its the inside the screened baffle that prevents fuel sloshing on acceleration so I discovered this when I put it back on the road in 96. So essentially the tank needs an acid bath and sealing something I just have not been able to get to but I guess I will because I do want to show it off before I sell it or die. LOL. Unfortunately between work and family my time was severely limited and I was thinking if I start this I may not finish and my son is no wrench. Like others it’s been in the garage out of sight out of mind since I had the ring placed in my nose in 1986. Terrible LOL on a positive note I still have it. Some friends that know I have it have been asking me to sell it to them for years but these are the type of friends that expect you to give it away LOL. Pathetic. Anyway thanks for the info!
Joemolf

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Go ahead and give it to me. I'll take care of it for you :) it can be a twin sister to my own red 76 280z.

Bon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts