ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at a 75 - 280Z , first year for injection, I'm I correct ? I need a parts car for a hopped up 240Z that was stolen. Any way I also have a 73Z with Hitachi carbs, nice condtion car , **** carbs. The 75 I drove ran like a rocket, however it smokes after a hard run . Odometer says 96000 and the price is $500 with new tires , interior shot, also said it has new clutch and throwout. What is the injection and engine worth?
Thanks H.G.Z's

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: 75 280Z</b>

I have a 75 with 90k on it and I think that they aren't worth much as injection pieces at all. By this time, the injectors are leaking, the distrib. vac advance is shot, and the valve seats(aluminum/bronze alloy) are beaten in. I got my car at 61k and have adjusted the valves every 6k. I have recorded the intake valves sinking into the seats about .015 to .018 inches in 30k of average driving. The exhaust seats are made of harder material(sintered iron) and have sunk about .006 inches in that time. Mostly, the engine is in need of a rebuild and the injection stuff is in need of replacement. Don't buy unless you can get them down to a couple hundred dollars(really the core values on the hard parts). That is, of course, IMO, so do what you think is best. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.