Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to restore my 75 280Z.
Almost all has been accomplished except finding a decent gas tank. After talking to the local dealers and Z restorers, it would seem that the gas tanks are a hard item to find...any suggestions or leads out there????

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> I am trying to restore my 75 280Z.
> Almost all has been accomplished except
> finding a decent gas tank. After talking to
> the local dealers and Z restorers, it would
> seem that the gas tanks are a hard item to
> find...any suggestions or leads out
> there????
I have a gas tank out of a 73 240 that is in good shape.you can have it i am installing a fuel cell in mine.I live in Fresno CA .That is if it will fit?
Rob P
[email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give Idaho Z a call at (208) 466-0004 I did some dismantling for him this past summer and am sure that he will have what you are looking for. He has over 80 Z-cars also a whole barn full of just about everything you could need for a 240, 260,280 Z and ZX. He does not open till 1000 Idaho time. Give him a try.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Kim might have it but he's pricey. He will usually try to impress you
with his gobligook talk.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would agree with you that when he talks he might say it in terms we don't all know, But I have learned a great deal from Kim over the past few years and he is always willing to give a person some advice on their car as to if it's worth putting money into or not. His prices are not that out of line if you look around. But it is a business not a chairity. So what do you expect him to do, give parts away?. We drive specialty cars and sometimes we have to pay the price to keep them running. If you want to really spend some money try getting your parts at Motorsport or B/V. I don't have a lot of money so I do look around for the best buy I can find and sometimes I do go thru Motorsport or B/V.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
> I would agree with you that when he talks he
> might say it in terms we don't all know, But
> I have learned a great deal from Kim over
> the past few years and he is always willing
> to give a person some advice on their car as
> to if it's worth putting money into or not.
> His prices are not that out of line if you
> look around. But it is a business not a
> chairity. So what do you expect him to do,
> give parts away?. We drive specialty cars
> and sometimes we have to pay the price to
> keep them running. If you want to really
> spend some money try getting your parts at
> Motorsport or B/V. I don't have a lot of
> money so I do look around for the best buy I
> can find and sometimes I do go thru
> Motorsport or B/V.
I agree that he's helpfull with advice if you can decifer what he's saying,
Since you've known him its expected that your biased. Who said anything
about charity. I've bought many used parts from many people and he's
on the pricey side to the point to where I think he's takin advantage of
people who drive ' speciality cars'. who needs that **** ?
There are many sources of parts available so shop around.
ps. I bought his video on F.I. made simple and found it to be very informative
and would recommend it.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would not say that I am biased Like I said before I shop around and I have found better prices elsewhere on some things. And he does talk over my head some, I feel I could use a translator sometimes to put it in english. I have know idea what you have tried to get from him but everything I have recieved from him was at a fair price. When I needed help I left amessage on his machine and he returned my call (long Distance) and spent about ten minutes or so on the phone with me. He never sent me a wrong part (that has happened with tweeks & Motorsport) so my car was not down for any more time waiting to get a replacement part. And he has always returned my call's even well after he was closed. I will pay a few extra buck's to get a more personelized service from a business. I have not seen any of the video's that he and Scott Bruning have done but I have heard alot about them. Since I have my motor and tranny out I will probibly order the FI one. Just curius what are your other sources? I am always trying to get a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.