ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one is for the ignition, and is green.. one is for the charging system, and is black.. i believe when i got the car it had the wrong links in, and i have never repaired this. which one is which? mine are not labeled, so i need to know in engine-side/fender-side terms.. i'm also thinking of changing out to a maxi-fuse block without the alternator swap, since this appears to be a simple case of cut-and-splice the wires, but i need to know what rating fuses to use for each, colors dont help much there..

incidentally, is there any reason why i should not be able to just splice a fuse block of appropriate rating into the stock wires feeding into and from my fusible link block? the block and wires all burnt, so i need to replace it all the way back at the main wiring harness..

thanks

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
I had an incorrect one in my 77 and the box had melted below the connector. Don't you love previous owners.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could have sworn id hit that link and seen a page that referred to all cars but the 75.. but i must have been tired... pardon the hard skull that needed a few repetitions to drive that one home.

any thoughts on a straight fusebox replacement for this block? i can't think of any reason it wouldnt work, but then again.. sometimes i think i dont know nothin...

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
hehehehe I update pages when I get the data :)

I am still looking for 260z F.L. info

I would recommend replacing with a fuse block like on the bottom of the page (the pic is Pallnet's install).

Just go to a well stocked car stero store and get a Maxi Fuse block. I think Pallnet got his at Walmart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.