ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m looking into redoing the whole wiring harness. The original one is shot so I’d want to redo the whole thing but, shops that I’ve talked to don’t want to touch it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I’m looking into redoing the whole wiring harness. The original one is shot so I’d want to redo the whole thing but, shops that I’ve talked to don’t want to touch it.
indeed to redo the whole thing would be a big undertaking. Just how bad is it? was it burned up in a fire? Generally speaking the inside wire harness is not subject to the extremes of under the hood, so it should be ok unless the car was open to the weather. You can buy new plastic fittings for the terminations that are OE style. with some patience and soldering skill it should be something that you can do. Paying someone an hourly rate will get expensive, but if you have the money I suppose could sub it out, just get the connectors needed so who ever does the work does not have to chase parts down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
indeed to redo the whole thing would be a big undertaking. Just how bad is it? was it burned up in a fire? Generally speaking the inside wire harness is not subject to the extremes of under the hood, so it should be ok unless the car was open to the weather. You can buy new plastic fittings for the terminations that are OE style. with some patience and soldering skill it should be something that you can do. Paying someone an hourly rate will get expensive, but if you have the money I suppose could sub it out, just get the connectors needed so who ever does the work does not have to chase parts down.
I don’t have the soldering skills nor experience to do a good job but I’m not opposed to the idea because everyone starts somewhere but, it would be nice to know if someone I can take it to if I mess up badly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts