ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 74 260 stock - it cranks and everything just fine but wonte actully start then if i spray starting fluid in the carbs it starts and then dies if i hold the gas and do it it will reach about 2000 -2500 rpm befor it dies - could this be because a blown head gasket or would it not even start then or is it just because i am not getting any fuel - what do you guys think and what should i do?

Post Edited (Oct 3, 4:45pm)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Have you checked the stock electric fuel pump? There is a filter inside. Most overlooked item on the 73 240z and the 260z.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i will check everybody else keep the ideas comming in case this isnt it i want to get this thing fired up and go leave some posi marks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Get some 'Running Fluid', LOL

It sounds like your not getting any fuel to the carbs.

check the fuel pressure, should be at 2 to 3 psi, or check the floats to see if they are at the correct level. You should also check the carbs, lift the piston upwards then drop it, you should hear a clunk. if not clean them. check all the fuel filters on the car as well. hmmmm.......Also make sure your mixture screws are not closed all the way. uhhh.... thats all i can think of right now, Do you have the flat top SU carbs? Or the round top? Also check all your vacume lines for cracks, and look for missing lines or vacume leaks.

hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.