ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '72 240Z in '75 when I was in college. I parked it in '85. Now I am in the process of restoring it. Any suggetions or comments on this process would be greatly appreciated. Mods, parts suppliers, etc.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
What is the goal of your restoration, original...street car...race car?

Where are you located? How complete is your car?

How much are you willing to spend? How much work do you plan to do yourself?

I just completed restoration on my 71 (well initial anyway, it's drivable!!)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> What is the goal of your restoration,
> original...street car...race car?

> Where are you located? How complete is your
> car?

> How much are you willing to spend? How much
> work do you plan to do yourself?

> I just completed restoration on my 71 (well
> initial anyway, it's drivable!!)

Stephen, First thing you should do is get a copy of the book, How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car by Wick Humble. ISBN: 1-55561-026-9. Book is a must for any Z car owner, whether you are doing a complete restoration or simply maintaining your car in good running/looking condition.

·
Registered
486 Posts
That is VERY good advice. Every z-car owner should have one, it has a lot of stuff that compliments the other available manuals (haynes, chiltons,...). I love and use mine quite often when I want to fix something back to how it really was. Good service assemblies. It also goes through how to set a budget for a restoration, setting a time scale, goals, etc. It is not that you can not set a schedule, but most people go hog wild on on either interior or a little facet of the whole car and never finish it or do a crap job with the rest.
Joshua L.

Motorsport Auto 1-800-633-6331
Victoria British
Tweeks
Nissan Motorsport
(sorry, I do not have these others in front of me, I just remember the first ones number, I order from there enough I should get a frequent shopper discount.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.