ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have access to Buick V6 evenfire w/THM 350 xmission. Have read the GM 350 conversion manual and wondering if some of the parts sold with this conversion will work with the V6 such as eng mount brackets, xmission mtg, etc. Anyone know of this conversion and how successful it is.....? I dont want the extra weight or power of the V8; the V6 should be sufficient for all-around events (?)
What is the consensus.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't walk away but Run away as fast as you can.
Just kidding sounds like a bit of a challenge. Unless your motor is shot in your 240 you will loose considerable power.

·
Registered
804 Posts
> Have access to Buick V6 evenfire
> w/THM 350 xmission. Have read the GM 350
> conversion manual and wondering if some of
> the parts sold with this conversion will
> work with the V6 such as eng mount brackets,
> xmission mtg, etc. Anyone know of this
> conversion and how successful it is.....? I
> dont want the extra weight or power of the
> V8; the V6 should be sufficient for
> all-around events (?)
> What is the consensus.....

If you do decide to go with that conversion, I have almost everything but the carb for that motor, including/ all new gaskets and new distributor and coil. The motor was going to go into my '81 Toyota pickup. I got the motor from a so-called friend, which said the motor didn't have anything wrong with it. One of the cylinder walls were cracked. I found this out after buying all the new parts for the rebuild. I ended up trading the truck in shortly after for my new truck. The whole engine is up at work in a box. If you live close, I would be willing to almost give all of it to you for just the help of getting rid of it. Email me for details.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.