ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received new door panels from my Nissan dealer. It's cool to be able to buy these parts for a car that is 30 years old--however, there is one problem. The driver's panel has holes punched in it for the hold strap that is usually on the right side. In other words, the panel appears to be for the right hand drive cars where the passenger is on the left and so is the passenger hold strap. Has anyone ordered new door panels for a 70-71 that came without the holes punched in the wrong place?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I just bough a new set last month from Courtesy Nissan. I don't remember the drivers side being punched, I'll look and get back to you. They aren't installed on the car yet. Nothing beats new door panels if you want to look original. 30 year old parts just don't stay together very well.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Mine only had the armrest and window crank prepunched. Neither side had the pull strap holes punched yet. Ordered mine through Courtesy Nissan. They had them in stock on the shelf!! Since they are local to me I go to go over there and actually see them before I bought them. Plus the 25% discount they give club memebers doesn't hurt either.
greg
71 240z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.