ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI , can some one who's been there or who can make sence of the wiring diagram lend some help?
My tail lights, side marker lights ,and dash lights are out , the brake light, and blinker work
the fuse is good , (I believe it is the bottom fuse driver side) any ideas ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
> HI , can some one who's been there or who
> can make sence of the wiring diagram lend
> some help?
> My tail lights, side marker lights ,and dash
> lights are out , the brake light, and
> blinker work
> the fuse is good , (I believe it is the
> bottom fuse driver side) any ideas ?
Don't know if this will help but check your glove compartment light and make sure it is not grounding out.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> HI , can some one who's been there or who
> can make sence of the wiring diagram lend
> some help?
> My tail lights, side marker lights ,and dash
> lights are out , the brake light, and
> blinker work
> the fuse is good , (I believe it is the
> bottom fuse driver side) any ideas ?

Actually, the fuse for the tails lights, side marker lights, dash lights, and a few other things is the middle fuse on the right hand side (passenger side). It also powers the underhood inspection light and the fog lights (if you have them). Brake lights and flashers run off the bottom fuse on the left.

There are two wires leaving the fuse block. One (Red/Blue in my car) is for the underhood inspection lamp. The other (Green/Blue in my car) goes to the light switch. The wire from the switched side of the switch (Green/White) goes to the dash lights dimmer (after changing to Red/Blue at a splice) and to both front (Green/Blue) and rear (Green/White) harnesses for park lights.

I'd guess it's your light switch. These things can be fixed if they're not too badly fried. Carefully bend up the little metal tabs holding the switch together and clean up all the springs and contacts inside. Don't get the two spring contacts mixed up. Then carefully reassemble.

Good luck,

Pat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.