ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband died suddenly last week and left me with no money but 2 classic Mercedes and 71 240Z, all non-running.
The Z has cracked block. It was running well enough to commute me to work until then. Has sat for 2 years outdoors in S. Calif. and exterior has suffered. Interior badly worn. Has this car any value. Where do I find out. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>I'm Interested....</b>

DJM,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I'm aware of the grief that you must feel.

The 1971 240Z is a first generation car. The model years 1970 to 1973 were all labeled as 240Z. Of all the Z car models, these cars had the smallest (2.4L) engines in them. They are true sports car and in my eyes, very exciting to drive. I don't know how long you have owned this car, but I'm sure that whenever you drove in it... the experience was delightful.

The value of the car depends on the condition. Starting with a cracked engine block isn't the best way to start off because sometimes that shows a lack of maintenance. This isn't always the case... but sometimes... I would be interested in seeing the car if it is for sale.

My son and I are interested in putting a 71 240Z together and yours appears to fall into the limits of what we can afford. We're interested in making a decision very soon on a 71 240Z. I don't know when you wanted to sell it, but I would like to view the car.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] with details of the mileage that is on the car, color of exterior, and color of interior. I would also like to know if the transmission is automatic or a manual 4 speed. I am a fair person and would be willing to give you a fair price for the car. Please include any amount of money you were thinking about receiving for the car.

I will look forward to receiving an e-mail from you in the near future.

Dennis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.