ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all you guys like 5-speeds, but I like to eat in my car. Since a T-5 fits so well, has anyone tried a 700R4? I'd also like a high stall convertor. Do the ones for SBC's and the like bolt up to Z flywheels? It wouldn't be a major procedure to have it drilled for it, but that could affect performance.

P.S. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on auto tranny's in Z's on the web. Whatever I discover in my quest for high-stall Z history, I'm going to take credit for. Come on! I know somebody knows something. Share it with me! I'll get the ride I want and you'll get Z-forum stardom.

· Registered
2,676 Posts
The THM700R4 comes two ways, large bell housing for a V8 and small for a 2.8 litre V6, neither will bolt to a Nissan engine with out a custom adapter plate, custom flexplate, wireing for lock up and throttle valve cable. If you are that adamant about a 4sp auto why not go for a late model nissan 4 sp auto. Or if all you want to do is eat in your car how about a nice counter or kitchenette unit?

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bastards at Home Depot won't give me a good price, otherwise I'd have already recovered my dash in Corian. And try to find a fridge with a cigarette lighter plug! I thought about getting the four speed out of the early maxima but I can't find any after market torque converters that fit. I checked into having mine rebuilt to higher stall but most quotes were around $400. I could snag a chevy compatible one for less than 300.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.