ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5/70 240 and the driver side frame rail is completely mashed in, in addition to showing signs of wierd floorboard work. The passenger side frame rail end had been fabricated out of at least 1/26" steel, but poorly done and know only connected via the connection rod to the steering. I can have frame rails fabed and fix the drivers floorboard, but I doubt that I can get things 'just right' enough for cast/camb to be right on. Are the adjustable tension/compression rod ends what I need? And will they have enough adjustment to fix the alighnment?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Can't answer your question directly, because I don't know. Just in case you're not aware, though, Motorsports Auto (www.zcarparts.com) sells replacement frame rails and floors for early Zs. The floor pans you have to buy together (right and left), but I believe you can buy frame rails singly. They might be worth a call.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It dosn't matter if you buy or fab the sheetmetal, the problem is getting everything aligned when you are finished!
If the car is not straight then you won't be able to set up the front end
there is a site that has body dimensions to build by and after that maybe a frame rack depending on how bad your car is damaged.

I'll try to find the site address, e-mail me if you want it or somebody else out here may have it handy

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.