ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I'll be taking my 76z home for Chirstmas. It's a six hour road trip which will be 12 hours round trip. What pre-trip checks should I do on my z before heading out. I know the basic things to check on any car, but is there anything special I should check on a z? What spare parts should I take along on an in case? I have tons .. thanks in advance..

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would take a couple gallons of water, a flat repair kit, fuses, extra fusible links can of oil, a gun with a 50 round box of ammo, two spare tires and a hot babe to sit next to ya. In my case that’s Kristine. Remember you can cut a 6 hour trip to 4 hours, I do it all the time.

Madeline Michele
Hollywood, FL

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would also make sure ur electrics are perfect... last week i went on a road trip only 3 hrs... and my regulator blew 2 hours in.... i had to buy a new battery to make it home... maybe take some spare parts just incase...

·
Registered
651 Posts
pack a spare fan belt, fuel filter, cell phone, tool bag, flashlight. I carry with me at all times these and a spare set of spark plugs, rotor and cap, small first aid kit,one u-joint, a AAA "tow me" card, and a small tarp for working under the car. Some of my 2 hr trips have become 6-hour ones. Some people pack an extra fuel pump too. For the annual convention in Canada this year I packed four 2X4s (14 inches long), in case I ran into any speed bumps. My lowered 72 has only 4 inches of clearance at the oil pan. A little luck never helps either...good luck

·
Registered
193 Posts
Man, you guys make me nervous. I've taken my new 83 zx 148Kmiles, on several 3 hour tips ( one way ) with nothing and no problems......I wouldn't think you'd need to take a complete parts car with you for a simple road trip. All the added weight is probably putting extra strain on you car....LOL....but I guess a good cell phone and water wouldn't hurt....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.